Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Such a little trooper!

Today my son, Jon-Jon, had to have a minor operation. He needed a new set of tubes placed in his ears. I know this may not sound like such a big deal to some people, but it was a big deal for us. Jon has needed a new set of ear tubes for a while now. But we encountered one problem after another that delayed the much needed surgery. Finally after 6 months delay, 2 severe ear infections, 1 ruptured ear drum and many sleepless nights later, we had the surgery. About time! He did really well! I am so proud of my little trooper!

I took a few pictures to document the occassion. I've taken pictures of every aspect of the health problems he has encountered since birth. This is how I cope with it all. How I remember it all.

Daddy is reading Jon a book to keep him calm. Jon hates hospitals and doctors because of how many times he has had to be there! He was very nervous.


Watching a little TV before going to the operating room.


Jon had to wear an alergy alert bracelet, because he is severly alergic to eggs.


Operating room doors. They had just taken Jon back.

We went to the gift shop and got Jon a new train. He adores trains!

1 hour post-op. Drinking some juice.


1.5 hours post-op. Sweet little giggle. He already felt better!


Can we go home, mommy?


And finally, antibiotic drops he has to take for the next week.


I want to thank all of you who had sent prayers our way during our battle with the insurance company. Thank you so much!
The song playing is Jon's most favorite song ever! He loves it when I sing it to him!