Wednesday, May 16, 2007

This Woman's Work

Hands© By Natalie Bonnett
I hold in my hands a bit of sunshine,
To share with all those in The darkness of gloom.
I hold in my hands a bit of education,
To share with all those in Poor, uneducated countries.
I hold in my hands a bit of food,
To share with those in The depth of poverty.
I hold in my hands a bit of love,
To share with those in Lonely, abusive homes.
I hold in my hands a bit of defense,
To share with those in Need of protection.
I hold in my hands a bit of shelter,
To share with those whoAre homeless.
So let's all hold something good in our hands,
To share with those in need.
.
My husbands grandmother is 73 years old. She is possibily the hardest working woman I have ever met. She lives a simple, humble life. She simply amazes me. Her 18 acre garden is her prized possesion. There is not a single friut or vegatable that she ever buys from the grocery store! She grows it all. Her hands tell her story. They are not beautiful or feminine instead, they are dirty, crooked and swollen. But her hands show how much love and devotion she puts into her garden. Her hands are strong, her hands feed her family, her hands play with her great grand children. There is so much love in her hands.