Thursday, June 7, 2007

Beautiful

For the first time since I had my daughter (4 years ago) I feel beautiful. After I had kids, my body changed....ALOT! And it gave me some self esteem issues that I have battled with ever since. Well, that's gotta change! How will I ever be able to teach my daughter to see her beauty, as well as others', if I can't reach into MYSELY and see MY beauty? My husband, Jonathan, took some incredible pictures of me yesterday, on my birthday. And I was joking with him saying that I was going to "liquify" my body in PS to make myself look skinnier. Only I was half way serious! When I started to edit the pictures he took, I had an epiphany! I have decided to embrace me (ALL of me) for who I am! No more worrying about how I am not "beautiful" by America's standards. I am short and curvaceous, and you know what? That's ok! Because I feel good about myself! So here I am. The true me!





Oh, I had an absolutely wonderful birthday! On June 5, I had the most incredible experience. I had my home birth session. It was amazing! I will not be sharing the pictures from it, out of privacy and respect to my client. Then, yesterday, my mom took me out and I got a new haircut, which I LOVE! After my haircut, Jonthan and I spent the day in Nashville. We took pictures of each other all day. It was really fun! We then went to The Melting Pot for a nice romantic dinner. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday!
I have these pictures in color as well, and I really like them in color. But, I edited them in a different color space in PS and when I upload, the colors are dull and nasty! So I just flipped them all to B&W for my blog.