Saturday, March 10, 2007

But Mama my ears are just so itchy!


The things kids do! Jon-Jon has had an eye infection and an ear infection for a week and a half. We have been using eye drops and ear drops to help him get better. Gaby, being the paranoid little girl she is, freaked out because she thought she would catch her brothers ear infection just because she caught his eye infection! She was unusually quiet and then came to me rubbing her ear. The side of her head was soaked. She then hands me an empty eye drop bottle and says "It's all empty!". I asked her why the eye drops were gone and she said "My ears are just so itchy! I do not want sick like jon!" Gaby had squirted an entire bottle of eye drops in her ears!! I immediately call her doctor to see if she would be harmed by this. As I am explaining what happened, the receptionist on the other end was laughing. She said no harm was done. Thank goodness for that! At first, I did not see the humor in this incident. First, I was nervous. I did not know if she could be harmed by having eye drops in her ears. Secondly, I was frustrated because the tiny bottle of eye drops was expensive. Now that this is all over with, I can't help but laugh at it! My parents laughed and said maybe if we turn her sideways, we can get some of the drops back. HaHa, very funny!