Sunday, March 18, 2007

You Inspire Me

Most everyone has a person in their life they call their "best friend". Well, for me, that person is my mom. Yes, I am a grown woman, with children of my own, and my mother is my best friend (other than my husband, of course!). She is a beautiful and wise woman. I honestly do not know what I would do with out her. She is the first person I call in the morning and the last person I call at night. I look up to my mom. See, my mom has been a smoker for over 25 years. She tried a few times through out the years to quit, but for different reasons, it never lasted. The problem was that she tried to quit smoking because other people told her to. Well, 3 days ago, my mom woke up and said "today is the day". She decided to stop smoking because SHE wanted to (not because other people wanted her to). It was difficult, at first. She had a few temptations, but never gave into them. She stayed strong and she has won this battle. I hope my mom doesn't mind if I share a sentence from an email I recieved from her at 5:00 am this morning. This is what she wrote:

ITS DAY THREE AND I FEEL WONDERFUL I COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS WITH OUT ALL OF YAll"S SUPPORT I THINK I CAN SAY I HAVE BEAT THIS UGLY DEMEON THANK YOU FOR BEING THEIR FOR ME LOVE MOM

Mom, I just want you to know that I am so proud of you! I love you so much. You inspire me in every aspect of my life.