Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thinking Differently....

I think every photographer sees the world differently. We each have a different "eye" for composition, color, lines, etc. When I pick up my camera, I try to photograph the unique. I try really funky and wierd angles. Sometimes that means I am laying in the dirt to get the image I want. That's fine. I'll take the sacrifice of dirty clothes and people looking at me like I am a nut job if I can capture what *I* see through my lens.

The following images were shot last weekend. I challenged myself to go out and look at some of the more ordinary objects around me and photograph them differently than what most other people I know would. That night I uploaded them to my computer and I got busy with some other things and forgot about them. Tonight I felt motivated enough to edit them. I was quite surprised at what I got.

Fire Hydrant. I loved the rich colors and texture to this.

Gaby's Fisher Price Basketball Goal.

Gaby's funky old basketball.

Gaby's Barbie trike. I know there are some blowouts on this,

but I kind of liked it like that!

Reflection of my stained glass backdoor

against my garage floor.

Vintage signs on the side of a historic Tennessee

soda fountain and drug store.