Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Photographer's Kid Syndrome


This syndrome really does exist. Just ask my 4 year old! She is becoming ever so difficult to photograph these days. Last weekend, I had been talking to Gaby and preparing her for a photo adventure I wanted to take her on. She seemed so excited to go exploring in some new places for mommy to take her pictures. So we get all dolled up and we go out for a drive. Gaby was still VERY excited to go on this adventure with me. Once we arrived at the location (a small historic town about 20 minutes from where we live) her attitude totally changed on me. It was like watching Dr. Jeykl and Mr. Hyde! I start to shoot. All of a sudden, she loses almost all eye contact with me and will not sit still. She makes crazy faces at me and the only smiles I got out of her were those "cheeeeeese!" smiles. Yuck! I shot almost 150 shots of Gaby in various locations in the small town. And this one image is the only semi decent one out of the bunch! And even in this particular shot, she is making a crazy face at me! Normally bribes of some sort work with her, but not this time! She said I was "stalking" her with my camera and that she's had enough already! I guess that's what I get for "torturing" her with my camera since the day she was born. I sure hope this is a phase that she will soon outgrow.